Correct lighting and reducing glare can prevent eye fatigue.
- To avoid direct glare, don’t place your desk in front of a window.
- To avoid indirect glare, don’t have a window positioned behind you.
- Lower your level of lighting in the area of the monitor (i.e., remove bulbs from overhead lighting).
- Glare screens that attach directly to the monitor are an effective way to reduce glare.
- Blinds, shades, and draperies are effective tools to reduce window light.
- Avoid a bright colored desk surface. This tends to reflect light into your eyes.
- Adjust the brightness controls on your monitor to a level that is relaxing for your eyes.