DPS is working to identify those responsible and has taken the follow steps at this point in the investigation:
- Connected with the reporting parties to extend resources, services and support;
- Conducted interviews with the reporting parties;
- Interview individuals in the area at the time;
- Reviewed security camera footage in the area and other electronic data;
- Notified the Syracuse Police Department; and
- Alerted the New York State Police Bias Task Force.
“We take the well-being of our students, faculty, staff and visitors very seriously and want them to feel safe at all times, especially when on our campus,” says Craig Stone, DPS chief and associate vice president. “Our investigations team has been conducting extensive work to identify the responsible party or parties. If you or someone you know has information about this incident or others, I encourage you to please come forward.”
Anyone with information about this incident should contact DPS at 315.443.2224. Anonymous tips can be reported to DPS through the Silent Witness tool or the Orange Safe mobile app. Additionally, if you or someone you know has been affected by a bias incident, the following resources are available:
- Support services are available at the Barnes Center at The Arch by calling 315.443.8000.
- To report a bias incident or to receive support, visit the Stop Bias website or call 315.443.3514 or email email@example.com.
- Additional resources are available by contacting the following:
- Office of Equal Opportunity, Inclusion and Resolution Services: 315.443.4018, EqualOpp@syr.edu
- Center for International Services: 315.443.2457, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Outreach and Retention – Support Services: 315.443.4357, email@example.com
- Multicultural Affairs: 315.443.0228, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Winnick Hillel Center for Jewish Life: 315.422.5082, email@example.com
- LGBTQ Resource Center: 315.443.0228, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability Cultural Center: 315.443.0228, email@example.com
- Hendricks Chapel: 315.443.2901, firstname.lastname@example.org