Call us 24/7, 365 days a year at 315.443.2224.
You can also reach us by dialing #78 (#SU) from your cell phone,
or by dialing 711 from a campus landline.
The DPS office on Main Campus is located at 005 Sims Hall, and is open 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. during the academic year. You can also speak with Public Safety employees at security desks and other locations around campus.
If there is no emergency, we may have an online form for your needs!
These forms are submitted directly to the correct personnel. They are the most efficient way for you to speak with the right person!
- Media Request Form: If you would like to interview someone at DPS for your media outlet or a class assignment, fill out this form. Allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Lost Property Form: “Do You Have My Stuff?”
If you have lost something and you want to contact our Property Manager to see if we have your lost item, submit this form! Allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Bicycle Registration Form: To register your bicycle with DPS, fill out this form. Allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Request A Police Report: To request a copy of a police report, fill out this form. Allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Crime Prevention Workshop Request Form: To request a workshop or other programming from our Crime Prevention Section, fill out this form.
- Special Events Request Form: To request a DPS officer for security or other reasons at an on-campus event, complete this form.
- Feedback Form: To register a compliment or complaint, or to give feedback on an aspect of the department, complete this form.
- Citizen Complaint Form: To file a formal complaint about a DPS employee with the DPS Administration, fill out this PDF form and a supervisor will contact you to discuss the matter in person.
- Anonymous Report: To file an anonymous complaint regarding criminal activity on or near the SU campus, you may use the EthicsPoint service, a third-party service, which directs the complaint anonymously to Syracuse University’s Audit and Management Advisory Services.
General DPS Email Account: email@example.com. This email account is for general inquiries and is viewed Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
If you require emergency or non-emergency assistance, or would like to report an incident, please contact the DPS Communications Center at 315.443.2224.
|From any phone||315.443.2224|
|From AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint cell phones||#SU (#78)|
|Emergency email and text messaging, from any cell firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Campus Pay Phone||*711|
|Communications Center (24/7)||315.443.2224|
|Toll-free number for communications center||1.855.443.2224|
|Public Safety Escort Requests||315.443.SAFE (7233)|
|Toll-free Safety Escort line||1.855.443.7233|
Department of Public Safety
|Chief of Public Safety||Robert Maldonado||315.443.8736|
|Associate Chief, Law Enforcement and Community Policing Division||John Sardino||315.443.5479|
|Detective, Special Investigations and Confidential Support||James A. McLellan II||315.443.1746|
|Training/Recruitment, Staff Development, Accreditation|
|Training/Recruitment, Staff Development, Accreditation||First Sergeant Robert Bleyle||315.443.4595|
|Detective, Accreditation||Christopher Wood||315.443.2481|
|Officer/Training Coordinator||Michael Patsos||315.443.8778|
|Officer/Training Coordinator||Dan Lebron||315.443.8746|
|Public Safety Support Operations|
|Quartermaster/Fleet and Equipment||First Sergeant Stephen Karpinko||315.443.3556|
|Manager of Records, Logistics and Property||Amy Francemone||315.443.3127|
|Property and Evidence Custody Officer||Keith Schauer||315.443.3909|
|Emergency Management/Business Continuity/Emergency Communications|
|Communications Center Manager||Jim Santoferrara||315.443.0150|
|Communications Center Coordinators||Shannon Day|
|Law Enforcement and Community Policing Division, Patrol Operations|
|Day Patrol Operations and Events Commander||Kathy Pabis||315.443.5735|
|Night Patrol Operations Commander||Vernon Thompson||315.443.3890|
|Shift A Sergeants (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.)||Mike Hartnett, John Stephens, Jon Lebaron||315.443.2520|
|Shift B Sergeants (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)||Sean Corcoran, Timothy Salanger, Keith DiBello||315.443.2520|
|Events Patrol Sergeant||Andrew Clary||315.443.8988|
|Investigations and Crime Prevention|
|Investigations and Crime Prevention Commander||Ryan Beauford||315.443.3873|
|Senior Detective||Ed Weber||315.443.2265|
|Crime Prevention Coordinator||CJ McCurty||315.443.1110|
|Students for Community Safety|
|Students for Community Safety||Main Office||315.443.3202|
|Students for Community Safety (SCS) Program Manager||Karen Busse||315.443.1851|
|Students for Community Safety (SCS) Supervisors||Joseph Parker|
|Students for Community Safety Coordinators||Susan Pope-Millet|
|Fire and Life Safety Services|
|Fire and Life Safety Inspector Supervisor||Brian Tarolli||315.443.3593|
|Health and Safety Specialist/Assistant Manager||Brian O'Hara||315.443.7567|
|Life Safety Compliance Administrator||Roger Stevens||315.443.9588|
The Department of Public Safety is part of the Division of Campus Safety and Emergency Services.
|Sr. Vice President and Chief Law Enforcement Officer||Anthony Callisto, Jr.||315.443.5476|
|Director of Administration and Executive Assistant to the Sr. Vice President||Donna Adams||315.443.2225|
|Technical Services/Security Consulting Manager||Michael Kearns||315.443.9751|
|Public Information Officer||Christine Weber||315.443.8328|
|Officer Coordinator||Tiffany Brown||315.443.8610|