The Syracuse Police Department is investigating several reported burglaries that occurred recently in the east campus neighborhood. Those responsible reportedly enter properties and vehicles through open or unlocked windows and doors.
To enhance your safety and protect your personal space and belongings, please take the following steps:
- Lock all exterior doors and windows – even when you are home.
- Report all suspicious people, activity and behavior immediately.
- Store valuable items in secure places and lock interior doors when you are out.
- Record serial numbers of electronic equipment.
- Do not leave any valuables in your vehicle and keep it locked at all times.
If anyone has any information regarding these incidents or others, please contact the Syracuse Police Department at 315.442.5222. If you would like to anonymously report NON-EMERGENCY information to the Department of Public Safety, you can use the Silent Witness tool.
If you or someone you know has been affected by an incident on or near campus, please know that there are resources available to you.
This public safety information is issued for your safety in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Act.