Officer Liztazia Ramirez-Stephens has been selected as our August 2023 Employee of the Month!
Officer Ramirez-Stephens is being recognized for her response and support in assisting with a line of duty injury suffered by a fellow DPS officer. The first aid rendered by Officer Ramirez-Stephens was crucial to limiting the loss of blood that was the result of a severe laceration. The promptness of her rendering aid, dressing the wound and applying pressure was essential to keeping the injured party conscious until medical services arrived.
Injuries can happen anywhere and at any time in our profession. Being able to know that members of our team, like Officer Ramirez-Stephens, are ready to help in a moment’s notice is wonderful to see. I applaud her for the outstanding example she has set and encourage all our team members to learn from it.
Congratulations on a job well done!
- January: Officers Kara Salce and Chuck Fiesinger
- February: Officer Aidan Welling and Communications Center Coordinator Ben Rinaldi III
- March: Officer Nadia Diaz, Quartermaster Joe Dishaw and Detective Mike Toia
- April: CSO Martha Farmer and Officer Greg Scheurer
- May: Office Coordinator Tracy Poushter
- June: Officer John Mazurowski
- July: Officer Jessica Mehlek
- August: Officer Liztazia Ramirez-Stephens