To Report Incidents on Campus or Syracuse University Property:
Call DPS 24 hours per day, 365 days per year:
- From any phone at 315.443.2224
- From a campus telephone dial 711
- From a cell phone (AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint only) dial #78
- Long distance toll free at 1.855.443.2224
- Via the Orange Safe which can downloaded and connected to Syracuse University
E-Reporting through our “Silent Witness” Anonymous Reporting System
Use the Silent Witness Program if you know of a crime that has occurred or is occurring on campus and you want to report it anonymously (use the links below). This system is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but should not be utilized in immediate emergencies, or to report non-life threatening incidents like residence hall room lock outs, larcenies, loud noise complaints, etc.
If you need immediate service to report incidents like a lock out, larceny, loud noise complaint, or other non-life threatening incidents, please call the Department of Public Safety at 315.443.2224.
As always, if you have an emergency situation on campus, please dial 711 from any campus phone, or #SU (#78) from AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint cell phones.
To Report Off-Campus Crime:
Call the Syracuse Police Department, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year:
- Emergencies from any phone locally dial 911
- Non-emergencies from any phone, any location, call 315.442.5111
E-Reporting Non-Emergency Crime Incidents to the Syracuse Police Department:
The Syracuse Police Department ESERVE system allows community members to report non-violent, non-emergency crimes that take place off campus.
*If you have an emergency situation off campus, please dial 911!*
Using the ESERVE online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is NOT an Emergency
- There are NO known suspect(s) OR suspect description
- This incident is NOT happening right now or did not just happen
- You are the victim or have control/responsibility over the property
- The incident happened within the Syracuse Police Department city limits
- If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online.