To Report Incidents on Campus or Syracuse University Property:
Call DPS 24 hours per day, 365 days per year:
- From any phone at 315.443.2224
- From a campus telephone dial 711
- From a cell phone (AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint only) dial #78
- Long distance toll free at 1.855.443.2224
- Via the LiveSafe app which can downloaded and connected to Syracuse University
E-Reporting Crime to the Department of Public Safety:
Text or email E-Reporting: send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Text message or email crime information to DPS by either emailing or messaging to email@example.com. DPS dispatch communicaitons officers can communicate back with you through these systems and dispatch DPS patrol officers to respond to emegencies and calls for service. This system is monitored 24 hours per day.
E-Reporting through our “Silent Witness” Anonymous Reporting System
Use the Silent Witness Program if you know of a crime that has occurred or is occurring on campus and you want to report it anonymously (use the links below). This system is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but should not be utilized in immediate emergencies, or to report non-life threatening incidents like residence hall room lock outs, larcenies, loud noise complaints, etc.
If you need immediate service to report incidents like a lock out, larceny, loud noise complaint, or other non-life threatening incidents, please call the Department of Public Safety at 315.443.2224.
As always, if you have an emergency situation on campus, please dial 711 from any campus phone, or #SU (#78) from AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint cell phones.
To Report Off-Campus Crime:
Call the Syracuse Police Department, 24 hours per day, 365 days per year:
- Emergencies from any phone locally dial 911
- Non-emergencies from any phone, any location, call 315.442.5111
E-Reporting Non-Emergency Crime Incidents to the Syracuse Police Department:
The Syracuse Police Department ESERVE system allows community members to report non-violent, non-emergency crimes that take place off campus.
*If you have an emergency situation off campus, please dial 911!*
Using the ESERVE online citizen police report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free. Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is NOT an Emergency
- There are NO known suspect(s) OR suspect description
- This incident is NOT happening right now or did not just happen
- You are the victim or have control/responsibility over the property
- The incident happened within the Syracuse Police Department city limits
- If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online.