Need Help? Call us 24/7, 365 days a year at 315.443.2224.
You can also reach us by dialing #78 (#SU) from your cell phone,
or by dialing 711 from a campus landline.
The DPS office on Main Campus is located at 005 Sims Hall, and is open 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can also speak with Public Safety employees at security desks and other locations around campus.
If there is no emergency, we may have an online form for your needs!
These forms are submitted directly to the correct personnel. They are the most efficient way for you to speak with the right person!
- Media/Interview Request Form: If you would like to interview someone at DPS for your media outlet or a class assignment, fill out this form. Allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Lost Property Form: “Do You Have My Stuff?” If you have lost something and you want to contact our Property Manager to see if we have your lost item, submit this form! Allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Bicycle Registration Form: To register your bicycle with DPS, fill out this form. Allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Request A DPS Incident Report: To request a copy of a police report from the Department of Public Safety, fill out this form. Allow up to 2 business days for a response.
- Crime Prevention Workshop Request Form: To request a workshop or other programming from our Crime Prevention Section, fill out this form.
- Special Events Request Form: To request a DPS officer for security or other reasons at an on-campus event, complete this form.
- Feedback Form: To register a compliment or complaint, or to give feedback on an aspect of the department, complete this form.
- Citizen Complaint Form: To file a formal complaint about a DPS employee with the DPS Administration, fill out this PDF form and a supervisor will contact you to discuss the matter in person.
- Anonymous Report: To file an anonymous complaint regarding criminal activity on or near the SU campus, you may use the EthicsPoint service, a third-party service, which directs the complaint anonymously to Syracuse University’s Audit and Management Advisory Services.
General DPS Email Account: email@example.com. This email account is for general inquiries and is viewed Monday through Friday during normal business hours.
If you require emergency or non-emergency assistance, or would like to report an incident, please contact the DPS Communications Center at 315.443.2224.
|From any phone||315.443.2224|
|From AT&T, Verizon, or Sprint cell phones||#SU (#78)|
|Emergency email and text messaging, from any cell firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Campus Pay Phone||*711|
|Communications Center (24/7)||315.443.2224|
|Toll-free number for communications center||1.855.443.2224|
Department of Public Safety
|Associate Vice President and Chief of Campus Safety and Emergency Management Services||Craig Stone||315.443.8736|
|Deputy Chief, Law Enforcement and Community Policing Division||John Sardino||315.443.5479|
|Administrative and Operational Support|
|Commander, Administrative and Operational Support||James A. McLellan II||315.443.1746|
|Quartermaster/Fleet and Equipment||Joseph Dishaw||315.443.3049|
|Manager of Records, Logistics and Property||Amy Francemone||315.443.3127|
|Property and Evidence Custodian Officer||Matthew Zingaro||315.443.3909|
|Emergency Management/Business Continuity/Emergency Communications|
|Communications Center Manager||John Stephens||315.443.0150|
|Communications Center Coordinators||Linda Koser-Martin|
|Law Enforcement and Community Policing Division, Patrol Operations|
|Patrol Commander||Mike Hartnett||315.443.3873|
|Shift A Sergeants (6 p.m. to 6 a.m.)||Timothy Salanger, Jeremy Welling &|
|Shift B Sergeants (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.)||Sean Corcoran & Keith DiBello||315.443.2520|
|Special Events and Community Policing Services|
|Lieutenant, Special Events and Community Policing Services||Andrew Clary||315.443.8988|
|Lieutenant, Investigations||Rick Smith||315.443.2265|
|Training/Recruitment, Staff Development, Accreditation|
|Sergeant, Training/Recruitment, Staff Development, Accreditation||Adam Wheeler||315.443.0116|
|Detective, Accreditation||Christopher Wood||315.443.2481|
|Officer/Training Coordinator||Michael Patsos||315.443.8778|
|Officer/Training Coordinator||Dan Lebron||315.443.8746|
|Residential Safety and Security|
|Residential Safety and Security||Main Office||315.443.3202|
|Commander, Residential Safety and Security||Kathleen Pabis||315.443.5735|
|Residential Safety and Security Program Manager||Karen Busse||315.443.1851|
|Fire and Life Safety Services|
|Fire and Life Safety Inspector Supervisor||Brian Tarolli||315.443.3593|
|Health and Safety Specialist/Assistant Manager||Brian O'Hara||315.443.7567|
|Life Safety Compliance Administrator||Roger Stevens||315.443.9588|
The Department of Public Safety is part of
Campus Safety and Emergency Services.
|Director of Administration||Donna Adams||315.443.2225|
|Associate Director of Administration and Technical Services||Chris Stewart||315.952.0715|
|Communications Manager||Christine Weber||315.443.8328|
|Officer Coordinator||Tracy A Poushter||315.443.5334|
The Office of the University Ombuds provides a venue for complaints, conflicts, or concerns that visitors do not wish to address through other official University channels.