To prevent crime in your office environment:
- Form a committee within your office or department to regularly discuss safety and security issues.
- Control access to your area by accounting for keys and ensuring someone is at the entrance of your office space (receptionist, administrative staff) at all times.
- Keep a log for visitors.
- Consider installing an alarm system; ensure the system is tested on a regular schedule (weekly/monthly).
- Always secure windows and doors when the office is closed for business.
- During business hours, secure your valuables in a drawer, closet or locker. NEVER leave them unattended and/or unsecured, for any amount of time.
- Report all suspicious people or activities immediately to DPS at 315.443.2224.
To have a DPS officer speak with your office or department about office safety, fill out our Crime Prevention Workshop Request Form, and we will contact you within 24 hours.